Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In the Beginning...


Sipping on hot cocoa, sweetened with artificial chocolate and marshmallows and chomping on a small chocolate chip scone, one might surmise, well she doesn't sound very holistic now does she? But you see, that's the incredible thing. You see, in my mind I concocted this brilliant idea to begin an online journal, this blog, to document healthier eating habits for myself as a self motivator to help me change my unhealthy eating habits. Unhealthy being an understatement. But what began as a dietary mission for me has transformed into a different thing altogether. A journey. A pathway of health not simply with better food choices for me, but a different way of looking at life for the sake of my future, my children, and my husband. A journey...A holistic journey. This journey began three weeks ago when I began penciling down some of my regular food choices. Donuts for breakfast, candy bars for snacks, fast food for lunch...you get the idea. But one incredible thing happened one week after I began journaling. And that one incident will have forever changed how I view my family, our health, and our environment. So yes, I have a lot of growing to do, hence the artificial chocolate and marshmallows, but I am seeing how each day I am slowly transforming. In fact, I'm writing this as I wait for my children's organic apples to finish baking so that I can later mash them into a yummy, healthy, homemade applesauce that they'll enjoy. And who needs more motivation that that?

No comments:

Post a Comment