Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Super Woman.


"Because I feel that, in the Heavens above,
The angels, whispering to one another,
Can find, among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother"...
(Edgar Allen Poe)


Although only a few days away from Father's Day, today I'm celebrating my fellow mommas.

We are Super Women.

I'm not trying to sound like a feminist, but the reality is, we can grow another human being in our womb and sustain their life outside of the womb with our bodies for at least a year.

Just sayin'. Super Women.

It is now June and I've been on this natural health journey for about three months now. The good news is, we've made some healthier changes with our nutrition and alternative medicine options, and I am really happy with the results so far.

The bad news is, it has been exhausting. Being a mom can be down right tiring some days. Right mommas? Children are the biggest blessings we can ever hope for but thank God He equipped us with an extra dose of multi-tasking genes and super kinetic energy power from neutron (superhero references inspired by my son).

To think, we must:
get up
get the kid(s) dressed and fed
get ourselves dressed and fed
play
run
chase
work outside (or inside) the home
shuffle them to and from appointments
grocery shop
cook
clean
read stories
kiss boo-boo's (those are injuries in our home)
etc. etc. etc........

If that's not enough, trying to incorporate the natural food part of holistic living involves a lot of cooking. A LOT. The kids eat mostly all of their food from home which means I've been experimenting with new recipes. Trying to make this from scratch and that from scratch. Who would have thought I would be making my own ketchup? Weird. Good...but weird. So now, let's add an extra dose of cooking and shopping to my already full plate.

Now that I've vented, I have to count my blessings. I'm thankful that we're healthy. I'm sorry for my fellow mommas that have to add sickness to their full plates or other difficulties.

So today I pat your back over the Wi-Fi air. Your devotion is a blessing. And tonight I am officially giving you (and me) permission to find time to relax.


xoxo Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment