Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bargain Baby...Thrift Shopping

Once upon a time...

I
used
to
care
about
brands.

Then one foggy day, the thrift fairy knocked me over the head with a stone. She called the stone "Frugality" and vowed I would never be the same again.

She
     was
            right.

Some time in between having my first child and my second, I began exploring thrift and consignment store shopping for the kids and have been sort of hooked ever since. Especially since it seems they outgrow their clothing at lightning speed! Why not get it at a bargain?

Up until now, I haven't had to worry about buying clothing for Mia, except for the random special occasion dress. Lucky for her, she was blessed with lots of wonderful little girl cousins who love to share and has been wearing most of their hand-me-downs. Recently though, I've had to start shopping for her and have found some great bargains at a few local consignment shops.

So although, I will bargain buy most of the kid's clothing, I've found that periodically, the thrift fairy will lead the way to some really great clothing at really great prices!

Dressed in their Sunday best, their entire outfits were consignment finds.

Daniel:
Top is Gymboree - $4
Bottom is Cherokee - $3

Mia:
Top is Gymboree - $3
Skirt is Gymboree - $3



Happy Shopping!






2 comments:

  1. can't wait to get baby Mia's clothes in Rafa's closet - hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! Yes! We love sharing with Rafa :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete